Project progress - Ruin Studios - Conservation & Innovation
The project uses EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) rubber waterproofing to clad entire new structure of the building. The main advantages of the material can be summarised as follows:
• Water resistant yet vapour permeable.
• Withstands extremes of temperature between -50°C and +130°C.
• Elongation of over 400% with no degradation over time.
• Resistant to ozone and UV.
• No fire risk.
• A natural product.
• Individual elevations including cut-outs for doors and windows can be manufactured in the factory with vulcanised joins between roll widths.